倡议弘扬激进的透明性文化,拒绝suger coating

• (首发于 https://2047.name/t/8143/
    这里指语言习惯

尽量不要用褒义词、贬义词,而用中性词。

说话尽量直白,不要suger coating, (某种程度的shit coating是可以的,尤其在说自己的时候)。比如(划掉的是日常suger coating的说法,后面是我们提倡的表达方式):

~~敌人很狡猾,我军很精明。 ~~ 敌人很聪明,我军很聪明

我最近进军能源行业 我最近找了份挖煤的工作

我今天很感性 我今天发了人来疯

我今天很性感 我今天很骚包

你说的话我不作置评 你放屁

什么是radical transparency(激进的透明性)?
    Dalio explained the concept of radical transparency in a recent interview:

I think the greatest tragedy of mankind is that people have ideas and opinions in their heads but don’t have a process for properly examining these ideas to find out what’s true. That creates a world of distortions. That’s relevant to what we do, and I think it’s relevant to all decision making. So when I say I believe in radical truth and radical transparency, all I mean is we take things that ordinarily people would hide, and we put them on the table, particularly mistakes, problems, and weaknesses. We put those on the table, and we look at them together. We don’t hide them.

翻译

我认为人类最大的悲剧是人们头脑中有想法和见解,却没有一个过程来适当地研究这些想法以找出真相。 这就创造了一个扭曲的世界。 这与我们所做的事情有关,我认为这与所有决策有关。 因此,当我说我相信激进的真理和激进的透明性时,我的意思是说,我们采取人们通常会隐藏的东西,并将它们摆在桌面上,尤其是错误,问题和弱点。 我们将它们放在桌子上,然后一起看。 我们不会隐藏它们。

褒义词是自欺欺人,欺骗自己多了,自己就真信了,于是自己就真变蠢了,变蠢的原因是本来是脑回路中的直道,被弯弯区区的褒义词贬义词搞乱了,神经电信号传播需要更多的时间,甚至会搭错桥走错路。要敏捷,直接的思维,不要糊涂(感性)的思考。Suger coating是一种武器,不应该随便用在虚拟世界的朋友身上,否则容易形成相互喂粪的关系。

或者,Suger coating应该专门作为一个血腥的斗兽场,属于无规则无限制自由搏击竞技范畴,尽情的suger coating,疯狂的文字游戏,确保进来的人都被忽悠成一级残废。
    精确的优先级永远高于感觉

比如,血酬、法酬、潜规则 等词一般人第一次看到都不一定太清楚那是什么,但它们本身简洁精准的描述了中国历史或者人类社会普遍的规则形成规律,一种政治哲学范畴的现象。所以,这两个词在讨论相应的社会学问题时不算是suger coating, 因为很难找到一句白话来比这两个词更准确的描述这一现象。但是如果在不相关的地方用来装逼,显示自己读了书,那就有点suger coating了。

<爱狗却养猫>
    复读我的另一个帖子:

在这里看到一篇很有意思的短文:Tact Filters(外交辞令过滤器)。文中附注里提到与其说 nerd,更准确的用词是 geek,因此我亦译为“极客”。

I came up with this idea several years ago in a conversation with a friend at MIT, who was regularly finding herself upset by other people who worked in her lab. The analogy worked so well in helping her to understand her co-workers that I decided to write it up and put it on the web. I've gotten quite a few email messages since then from other people who have also found it helpful.

几年前,我在与麻省理工学院的一个朋友交谈中有了这个想法,她发现自己常被同一实验室的同事冒犯到。这种类比在帮助她了解同事方面非常有效,我决定将其编写并发布到网络上。从那以后,我已经收到很多来自其他人的电子邮件,这些人也发现它很有帮助。

All people have a "tact filter", which applies tact in one direction to everything that passes through it. Most "normal people" have the tact filter positioned to apply tact in the outgoing direction. Thus whatever normal people say gets the appropriate amount of tact applied to it before they say it. This is because when they were growing up, their parents continually drilled into their heads statements like, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!"

所有人都有一个“外交辞令过滤器”,单方向过滤所有通过它的言论。大多数“正常人”将过滤器应用于自己说出的言论。无论正常人说什么,在他们说之前,都会应用适量的“外交辞令”。这是因为在他们成长过程中,父母不断灌输例如这样的观念:“如果你说话不友善,就什么也不要说!”

"Nerds," on the other hand, have their tact filter positioned to apply tact in the incoming direction. Thus, whatever anyone says to them gets the appropriate amount of tact added when they hear it. This is because when nerds were growing up, they continually got picked on, and their parents continually drilled into their heads statements like, "They're just saying those mean things because they're jealous. They don't really mean it."

另一方面,极客(geek)则将过滤器应用于听到的言论。因此,任何人对他们说的话,都会在他们听到的时候加入适量的外交辞令。这是因为在极客的成长过程中,他们常受人讥笑,父母会不断灌输例如这样的观念:“他们说那些不友善的话只是因为嫉妒,不要当真。”

When normal people talk to each other, both people usually apply the appropriate amount of tact to everything they say, and no one's feelings get hurt. When nerds talk to each other, both people usually apply the appropriate amount of tact to everything they hear, and no one's feelings get hurt. However, when normal people talk to nerds, the nerds often get frustrated because the normal people seem to be dodging the real issues and not saying what they really mean. Worse yet, when nerds talk to normal people, the normal people's feelings often get hurt because the nerds don't apply tact, assuming the normal person will take their blunt statements and apply whatever tact is necessary.

当正常人彼此交谈时,两个人通常都会对他们说的话加入适量的外交辞令,于是没有人的感情受到伤害。而当极客彼此交谈时,两个人通常都会在听到的所有内容上加入适量的外交辞令,于是也没有人的感觉受到伤害。但是,当正常人与极客交谈时,极客常常会感到沮丧,因为正常人似乎在躲避真正的问题,而不是说出他们的真正意思。更糟糕的是,当极客与正常人交谈时,正常人的感情经常会受到伤害,因为极客说话时不会多加外交辞令,而会假设正常人将他们毫无遮拦的话在听到时加入必要的外交辞令。

So, nerds need to understand that normal people have to apply tact to everything they say; they become really uncomfortable if they can't do this. Normal people need to understand that despite the fact that nerds are usually tactless, things they say are almost never meant personally and shouldn't be taken that way. Both types of people need to be extra patient when dealing with someone whose tact filter is backwards relative to their own.

因此,极客需要了解,正常人必须对他们所说的一切都运用外交辞令;不这样做会使他们感到不适。而正常人需要了解,尽管极客常说话不客气,他们所说的话几乎都不是意在攻击人身,也不应该被这样理解。在与一个外交辞令过滤器方向与自己相反的人打交道时,两种人都需要格外耐心。

<爱狗却养猫>

我今天很感性——我认为这种说法没有问题,感性与理性一样,是一个中性词,形容的是人类对于某事物产生直接感觉与情绪的能力。否认感性的价值(例如对人类常态相处和交流的价值)、认为感性只是糊涂的sugar coating,犹如否定感情的价值、认为人类的所有感情都是性冲动的掩饰那样,都是不准确的。

我今天很性感——问题在于“性感”这种评价是主观的,别人未必觉得我性感;所以准确来说是,“我觉得自己今天很性感。”

你说的话我不作置评 你放屁——透明不等于不礼貌。可以说:我不同意你说的话/我反对你说的话/你说的话有问题,等等。